Membership in the Kingston Handloom Weavers and Spinners Guild is open to any individual with an interest in studying and promoting the art and craft of handloom weaving and spinning as well as basketry, felting, dyeing and finger weaving. Memberships are available to families and individuals under the age of eighteen.
All members have the following rights and advantages:
1. Those over the age of 18 have the right to attend and vote at monthly meetings
2. The right to rent equipment from the Guild. KHWS has an extensive inventory of equipment available for use including spinning wheels, a variety of looms including a 100” wide loom for blanket and table cloth weaving
3. Access to a large library of books, periodicals, DVDs and samples. This includes borrowing privileges
4. The receipt of a newsletter
5. Access to the studio during normal opening hours of the J.K.Tett Centre. After-hours access can be arranged.
6. The right to exhibit and sell approved items at all Guild exhibits and sales.
KHWS is very well known in the Kingston Community. Each year members of the Guild participate in the Sheep to Shawl Competition at the annual Grass Creek Sheepdog Trials, demonstrate heritage skills at the annual City of Kingston First Capital Days events, and partner with other organizations sponsoring a variety of other events.
The members of KHWS collectively hold a treasure trove of experience and knowledge.
Through our mentoring programs, help with project difficulties becomes as easy as a phone call. Each year KHWS presents a wide variety of workshops and seminars and members have preferred access to these events. Open studio, meeting programs, study groups and sharing opportunities all combine to provide excellent skill development opportunities.
Becoming a Member
Membership fees are determined each year by the Board of Directors. Fees for 2020/2021 are: Adult, $50.00; Family, $100.00 (includes 2 or more family members).
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your completed membership form along with fee to:
c/o Carole Wycliffe
4476 Bath Rd.,
Amherstview, ON K7N 1A4