COVID 19 - UPDATES
Currently, we have cancelled all workshops and group meetings for the foreseeable future. We continue to monitor the recommendations from our local and provincial health experts and will make further updates as necessary.
The Tett building is closed to the public
The studio is closed to the public.
Members may access the studio for individual projects. Members coming to the studio are expected to follow the recommended health protocols.
- self isolate for 14 days if returning from travel outside of Canada
- stay home if feeling unwell for any reason
- wash hands thoroughly and frequently
- exercise cough and sneeze etiquette
- practise physical distance (3 metres/6 feet) while sharing the studio with other members
- sanitize/disinfect commonly touched surfaces before and after use
The objectives of the Kingston Handloom Weavers & Spinners Guild are, to promote interest and education in weaving, spinning and related fiber arts.
Monthly meetings that feature guest speakers, demonstrations, show and tell, take place on the second Wednesday of each month, except July and August. There is a social time at 6:30 pm, followed by the general meeting at 7:00 pm. Members of the general public are very welcome to attend.
Members may take advantage of our workshops, equipment rentals, a fully equipped weaving and spinning studio, and an extensive library that includes hundreds of books, magazines and videos which cover topics such as spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing and basketry.
The Guild welcomes all levels of interest in traditional and contemporary weaving, spinning and other textile arts and crafts.
Come see what we’re all about!